Friday, January 14, 2011

FULL CIRCLE

I have been meaning to write this down for a while, and I'm sure I'll come back to add more to it. But I want to express how my life has truly come full circle. And let me say, life is NEVER how we plan it.
Here's how it's come full circle:
I'm back in Orange County where I grew up. Not only that but the reason I moved back here was to take an internship with the church I started attending when I was 15, Presbyterian Church of the Master. So this summer I was a youth director at the church that I attended in high school, I stepped into the role that I admired when I was in high school. Full circle.

When I moved back here, I got back in touch with the stables I grew up riding at, Nellie Gail equestrian center. I reconnected with my best friend for years, April Branson, and picked up right where we left off after 7 years of being disconnected. Full circle.

I recently rescued a horse off a racetrack and am back to owning my own horse. I haven't owned my own horse since I was 15. Full circle.

I'm currently working for the non-profit that I first found out about when I was 15 through PCOM and traveled my first trip to Dominican Republic with. Children of the Nations is a non-profit that 'raises children who transform nations' and I couldn't have dreamed of a job that suited me more. Full circle.

I think "15" is a big number for me, because all these amazing things happened in my life when I was 15, and I'm staring life in the face and I'm thankful for where I've been and where I am.

So here I am, back where I never thought I would be. Doing what I never dreamed I could do. I've been blessed enough to see parts of the world that have left me awe struck, I've held hands of children in Africa and Dominican Republic that have showed me an incredible amount of joy and love, I was tragically denied my passion for horseback riding 8 years ago, but I decided that horses are my passion and are connected to my soul so I'm working as much as I can to afford a horse that I have rescued.

Life has truly come full circle for me in the best possible way. I have worked hard and lost my sense of entitlement for the things I have and want which I find is a huge accomplishment in the area that I grew up in. I am confident that I am not done growing yet, that I will continue to be shaped into the woman that I dream to be, but it's truly refreshing to look back and see that God has held me in his hands this entire time, and has guided me to a place where I can tangibly see him working in my life.

I'm so thankful and I'm ready for the work ahead, bring it on... ROCK AND ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment