Saturday, November 3, 2012

Garage sale success.. spirit of Gratitude.

Jason and I woke up early this morning and went along with my in-law's to their ritual saturday morning garage sailing. At first we were just going to browse but we found some pretty incredible things! New toys for Jacob, adorable picture frames, a life size giraffe for the nursery, new plates, bread maker, etc! I mean some amazing things all for under $120.00 We're pretty proud of ourselves :).
 So Jason is at work now at the hospital and I am home alone, without Jacob and trying to find a way to keep myself busy so I decided that tonight was the night I was going to pack everything up that I could. I have been working in Jacob's room going through all his little clothes and organizing things for new baby Ferguson. Having a hard time not having him here, I have committed to finding something to be thankful for every time I think about how unfair this all it. Every time that we choose thankfulness instead of thinking how life isn't fair, we shoot Satan down. The enemy looses when we find a spirit of gratitude in the hardest of moments. So today I am thankful that I can get all this packing and cleaning done in preparation for our new house while Jacob is away. It would take me much longer with a baby and I am thankful that I get to utilize this time to prepare for the time that I do have him. I am thankful for every moment that I have Jacob, and I am thankful for the times that Jason and I can have together experiencing married life without a child. God is good and faithful and knows what we need, and like I said yesterday God knows what Jacob needs and he has his plan for him. I am so thankful for that. I'm looking forward to this new chapter in our lives and so excited to see what the Lord is going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment